RSView32 and RSlogix EMULATE 5000

imloggedin

Anyone know how to connect rsview to rslogix emulate? I know you cant download a program to emulate remote from rslogix on another computer but surely you can connect rsview32 from another computer to rslogix emulate. I think you just use a remote opc server but i cant get it to work?

If you have Emulate 5000 and RSView32 running on the same computer it should be as simple as configuring a topic in rslinx that is mapped to the Emulate processor, then in the RSView32 project you'll have to specify the rslinx topic you just configured.

If they are running on separate systems, I don't have the answer and unfortunately being a friday I'll hold off finding one until some other time ;) (My RSView32 is acting up)

imloggedin,

SoftLogix/Emulator is not the issue. You need RSLinx Enterprise to be able to connect remotely. I think RSLinx enterprise will need to be installed on the SoftLogix PC and then you should be able to connect RSView to it...but why do you want it on a seperate machine?

BTW RSview only comes with RSLinx classic.