RTDs and AB

I have been reading the manual 1746-NR8 since my last post.
It discusses the configuration being sent to the module as 16 bit binary.
This means that the number 26588 decimal becomes 110011111011100 binary.
I did not know that it appeared as decimal. The manual does not mention this even as being an option(as far as I have seen). That is extremly good to know. I would have looked for 1 and 0 and saw 5 and 8 that would have been confusing. knowing in advance will be beneficial.
If I interpret this information correctly this is saying - 150 ohm resistance, 10 to the 4 power units, set to downscale, degrees in F, 6400 hz, 1.0 Ma current, lead R enable.

thanks once again. any extra hints such as this one is welcomed.

I finally have determined the RTD that I will be useing is the 100 ohm platinum (385). I will be moitoring water temperature in a closed loop.
it is a small loop with only a hundred or so gallons of water.
What would be the best filter frequency and excitation for this probe and application.

hmm

I thought the degrees where in C on that one, cant remember....also dont have the nr8 manual in front of me.

But at least you get the idea now.

Now I know I am much closer that a few days ago.
I think I can at least configure the card now.
Now I have to work on what to do with the information from the board once I get it.
I wanted to make sure I had the ball before I took off running down the field.

That is true. most of the time here they want it running before the supplies even hit the door. They do not understand that it takes time to research and learn new things.
Speak and it is completed already. yea right.