RTU AND HMI/LAPTOP wireless connection ???

aec

Hi all,

My boss wants me to construct a demo project. The sequence has not yet been designed.

He wants the signal to be monitored and controlled with a HMI which should receive signal from RTU through wireless communication.

And this wireless communication should be achieved without GPRS or INTERNET connection. Is it possible??????

IS it possible to control or it can only be monitered through wireless HMI?????

Also this will be my first experience with RTU . How hard is it to program?????
Any suggestion for the wireless connection please.
First preference is given to HMI if it is not possible then we can use laptop .
If it is laptop should I have a SCADA software to connect it with the RTU ??????

Hi all am waiting for your replies .

RTU or the PLC should communicate with HMI or LAPTOP in wireless medium .

Wireless should not be GPRS or Radio frequency OR broadband control .

If you have any idea please do let me know any device please

Thanks in advance

Wireless by definition is Ethernet communication but does not require internet access.

RTU is a serial protocol and is only wireless (using a Ethernet based protocol) when you use a converter.

google Modbus RTU for more info.

Just get a wireless RS232/RS485 emitter/receiver pair. The details will be transparent to you and you can treat it as if it were a direct cabled connection.

As clay mentioned, it sounds as though you are talking about modbus RTU. The vast majority of devices with a serial port support this protocol (although there are a host of nagging caveats). You need to be more specific about what you are interfacing to.