S5 - difference between symbols and assignment list?

uptown47

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,

Does anyone know the difference between an Assignment List (*Z0.SEQ) and the Symbols File (*Z0.INI) in S5 ?

I'm just wondering what are the differences if any.. why have two lists detailing symbols etc??

Many thanks

:)

You create/modify the SEQ file by entering the operand/symbol/comment fields. When you "F7 enter" the SEQ file, it is compiled by the Step 5 system resulting in the creation of the *Z0.ini *Z1.ini *Z2.ini files.

I see.. so the symbols file Z0.INI is really a file that is spawned by the creation of the assignment list?

Thanks for clarifying that for me.

They say that you should learn something new everyday.. I must have got through a weeks worth today!

Cheers

:)