S5 Help

LumberJack818

I have an S5 928B and the Flash memory module went bad. We need to replace it. I have a new card and another machine running the same program. I was wondering if there is a way to copy the program from the machine to the new Flash card? Or will I need to purchase a burner? Any help would be appreciated.

S5 starts to be a big risk for company, you should make a point about updating controls to reduce risk for company.

I agree with you Turpo.

To me it looks like it is easy to get common parts as racks, CPUs and "standard" IO cards, not that expensive either.

It is worse with the special funcion cards, and the special COM and PROM software that only runs under DOS and needs real RS232 PC ports.

@LumberJack
(I am one also, got 3 chain saws, often in use;))

If you want to upgrade step-by-step to Step7, maybe this could be interesting:
http://www.er-soft.com/files/Aprotech--x5-x7--Card--Retrofit--S5--S7--PLC-CPU--for--S5-Rack.pdf

Here, such a convert is discussed on a German PLC forum:
http://www.sps-forum.de/showthread.php?50230-Erfahrungen-X5-X7-CPU&highlight=aprotech

Kalle