S7-1200 memory card

Does anyone know if its possible to use a standard CF card instead of the $300 Siemens one?

1200 doesn't require a memory card for normal operation; it has load memory built in. Technically, it is an SD card, not a CF card. However, I'm not aware of any way to use a standard one in place of a Siemens one.

As I recall $300 is only for 24MB memory SD card for upgrade purposes, and this one must be from siemens only (try at your local rep to borrow you one for upgrading if that's needed). there is cheaper 2GB card for approx $100.

Similar Topics

I have a product that uses a Siemens Simatic s7-1200 PLC. My company did not write the PLC program, but we have the program on an SD card. We...
Replies
Views
Hi all, On my project I have a TP1200 Comfort Panel (6AV2 124-0MC01-0AX0). Unfortunately I don't get to see the hardware until I get to site. I...
Replies
Views
Hi Yes im being lazy, thought id ask here before i look at siemens or google ! Can i program an S7 1200 memory card through a card reader for...
Replies
Views
What type of internal memory does the MicroLogix 1200 Ver.C have? In the documentation, there is only an internal non-removable battery for the...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, Is there any way of compressing the "Work Memory" of a Siemens S7 1200 CPU. I did change the installed card from a 4mb to a 12mb. I...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom