s7 1200 to read another company s7 1200

apetkov5

Dear all,
on some project i have s7-1200 plc that is used for communication to scada.

Another company installed another s7-1200 in same cabinet (connected via ethernet) to control one part of process.

I do not have access to program that another company plc.

I nead to read data from that plc to my plc (only input states, digital and analog).

Only thing that i know about that another company plc is:

ip adress
subnet mask
use router is not set
def.gateway adress is blank

Is there some trick with GET function that i can program in my plc (without any changes in other plc) and make to read IW to dome DBs.

Thanks in advance.

Do you have HMI connected to the second PLC. If yes what HMI is and do you have access to HMI app?

HMIs can sometimes/often take data from 1 connected device and pass it to another. Beijer have done this for years and I know that Redlion can do it.

It is possible to use GET... but the programmer of the other machine may have not enabled the PUT/GET from remote partner checkbox - which means it will not reply to your GET commands. The only way to know is to try.

See below for details:

https://www.solisplc.com/tutorials/...ng-get-put-instructions-in-siemens-tia-portal

thanx,

is there any way to check (or readout) is it enabled before try?

does another company plc nead to be "networked" (same name PN/IE_E) or someting else?

br

HMIs can sometimes/often take data from 1 connected device and pass it to another. Beijer have done this for years and I know that Redlion can do it.

I did this once with a Siemens MP277, transferring data from its S7-300 PLC to a nearby ControlLogix. It was a little clunky but it mostly worked. Red Lion HMIs and DSP/PtVs are way better at it.

thanx,

is there any way to check (or readout) is it enabled before try?

does another company plc nead to be "networked" (same name PN/IE_E) or someting else?

br

You can try with some S7 protocol driver, kepware OPC or similar. If it reads addresses then it should be possible also with get /put.

If Lare's suggestion doesn't work then most likely the PUT/GET function is not enabled in the PLC. Then you would have to use a Siemens HMI to read out the tags you want (Siemens HMIs do not use PUT/GET). I suggest the computer-based WinCC Advanced RT at first - you can use it in demo mode for a limited time. I have used VB Script to pass several tags between PLCs in the past.

If the other suppliers S7-1200 is on the same cabinet have you considered doing it with hardwired signals to your S7-1200?