S7-1200 User Defined Web Pages, PLC variable editing

marko18

Hello all,

I am currently running a program from an S7-1200 and I am using TIA Portal v17. I have created a user-defined web page to eliminate the need for HMI control. The only thing I want to do is edit variables on this web page.

I have been learning simple HTML and I have used the provided AWP commands with HTML to make some buttons to edit a few of my PLC variables in the program. This currently works, and allows me to edit tags. However, I'm wondering how I can edit variables that aren't numerical values.

I currently have a few boolean variables that I can edit in the user-defined webpage, but I can currently only change them by typing 0 or 1 for false/true and pressing the submit button. Is there a way that I can write the web-page to either have a drop-down menu or button that changes the boolean to false/true, instead of manually inputting 0s and 1s?

In addition, I have a few PLC variables that are list variables, and can't figure out how to change the PLC variable from the web-page to another option from the list. For example, a PLC variable I have is "power-supply model", which is linked to a list of three different models that can be selected. How would I create a drop-down menu on the user defined web-page to change this? Thanks

Hello all,

I am currently running a program from an S7-1200 and I am using TIA Portal v17. I have created a user-defined web page to eliminate the need for HMI control. The only thing I want to do is edit variables on this web page.

I have been learning simple HTML and I have used the provided AWP commands with HTML to make some buttons to edit a few of my PLC variables in the program. This currently works, and allows me to edit tags. However, I'm wondering how I can edit variables that aren't numerical values.

I currently have a few boolean variables that I can edit in the user-defined webpage, but I can currently only change them by typing 0 or 1 for false/true and pressing the submit button. Is there a way that I can write the web-page to either have a drop-down menu or button that changes the boolean to false/true, instead of manually inputting 0s and 1s?

In addition, I have a few PLC variables that are list variables, and can't figure out how to change the PLC variable from the web-page to another option from the list. For example, a PLC variable I have is "power-supply model", which is linked to a list of three different models that can be selected. How would I create a drop-down menu on the user defined web-page to change this? Thanks

Check out this app example on the support site for a bunch of documentation and examples:
https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/us/en/view/68011496

Specifically, the document "Creating user-defined web pages for S7-1200 / S7-1500" shows how to do the bool via a button in section 5.2.5.

I'm assuming the "list variable" you mention would be covered by the Enumeration concept in 5.2.3.

I'll also note that there is a way to manage the tags with JavaScript which may or may not be easier to use (see section 5.3). I think it is supposed to perform better.