S7-1200 - WinccFlex on Internet

juanmdx

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if it is posible to communicate an S7-1200CPU with a WinccFlex runtime (running on a PC) via Internet.
I don't know if I can just hook both of them to the internet (the S7-1200 with an ethernet cable to the internet, and the PC, well just connecting it to the Internet), and then set the IP addressess.

Does anyone knows if this can be done that easy, or do I need an OPC server and that stuff??.

Thanks

i would say yes but i haven't did it yet to confirm with a 1200...I don't see anything wrong...

It's actually possible and very easy with a 200 and 243-it module or a 300 pn....If you are diretly connected on the same network it's make it easier too.

For exemple, i have a project with a S7-300pn/dp in USA and i can run a Wincc flex runtime on my laptop located in Canada with a VPN ethernet connection to see and change parameter online with the CPU like if i was there!

You just need the corect runtime licence tags for the application on the computer and being connected on a network where both IP can see each others. You configure a good ip in the 1200 and configure the right connection in wincc flex to see it and you're almost done....

The thing to verify as i didn't play with the 1200 so much yet, is to determine the configuration needed in wincc flex to connect to a 1200...In my version 2008 SP2 upd1, i just see 200 or 300/400 connection...maybe it will work by selecting the 300/400 pn but you would better confirm it.

You are right, the configuration on wincc flex to connect with a s7-1200 is using 300/400, I confirmed it with siemens.

Do you think with can work without the VPN, I mean, working on the regular internet???

Thanks

You are right, the configuration on wincc flex to connect with a s7-1200 is using 300/400, I confirmed it with siemens.

Do you think with can work without the VPN, I mean, working on the regular internet???

Thanks

Doubtful

VPN would be the way to go

the question for the vpn is a pure Eth network one...In a local network, you should be fine and Siemens comm will only pull the targetted ip adress so you won't overload the network like if you were using some other brand that i won't name....

If you can connect 2 laptop at each location configured with same device ip and check if both can see the other one with a ping command, you don't need anything else...

If you aren't on a local network or on different adress level, you will need a VPN and then i won't be the man to help you out with that stuff...