S7 200 Family, 24VDC outputs

vdc24

Is it possible to program this plc to put out less voltage through one of its outputs? For example, can the output put out 1vdc, then a timer, and then the next output is 5 vdc? Or am I looking at having to fab something up to do this?

Sorry u can't do that with 24 Vdc output S7 200 but if u change yours by a relay output one. Maybe you can't use outputs one by one but 4 outputs together you can work them in 1 V or 100V its your option.

I'm not sure exactly what you want but:

1, an interposing relay is often the best way of mixing voltages.
2, you still need a voltage source for each of your different voltages.
3, You may have to fab something up.

Doug

So you don't want a discrete (on/off) output, but one that is capable of being set to any chosen value?

Hmmm, let me think. That almost sounds like an analogue output to me. There's nothing on the S7-226 CPU itself to do this, but the expansion module EM232 has two analogue outputs. They'll give you +/- 10V. The only trouble is - there's next to no power from these.

What's your real problem? Why do you need different voltages?

Regards

Ken

I'd like to thank you all for your help, but I solved my issues. I realized I didnt have to vary the voltage, but use resistors to minmize the voltage from 4 different relay outputs. It worked like a charm.