S7 300 EPROM replacement

Dear All,
I have an S7 300 damaged CPU. I don't have it's backup program. I want install a new CPU. If I replace the new CPU internal EPROM with the old one then will it work as before? As I don't have backup program so I want to replace the programmed IC. But I don't have idea which one is the program IC or EPROM.

Looking for your help.

Thanks

What type nos exactly of both old and new CPUs ?

If by 'internal EPROM' you mean the MC or MMC flashcard, then yes. If you insert the flashcard in a new but same type no CPU, it shall work again.

If you mean one of the ICs on the circuit board inside, then no. The program is not on an internal EPROM. The program is in the MC or MMC flashcard, or in case of an old-style S7-300 with MC slot, it could be in battry backed RAM.

There is one exception though. I remember that there was a very low end CPU in the old style only with an internal EPROM, S7-312IFM I think.
But I think it is next to impossible to source a new 312IFM CPU.