S7-315, WinCC Flexible & OP77B

tomchubb

Does anyone know how to transfer to an OP77B HMI?
I have one connected to an S7-315 over Profibus (1.5MB) and have manually configured the transfer settings on the OP77B to DP with address 7.
I have not been able to transfer the project through the PLC over MPI or direct connection to the OP77B itself.
I'm not getting anywhere with the manuals either!! :mad:

Anyone got any ideas please?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

If you use the direct connection to the OP77B itself it should go to automatic download-mode the moment you make a download to the right com-port.

This is the default setting of the OP77B but it can have been changed. You can change this setting in the boot-loader.

I will get back to you tomorrow.

Thanks,
That's on serial connection right?
I didn't try that. I was using a Siemens PG and connecting the MPI/DP to the RS485 port.
I'll play around again when back on site tomorrow.

Thanks,
That's on serial connection right?
I didn't try that. I was using a Siemens PG and connecting the MPI/DP to the RS485 port.
I'll play around again when back on site tomorrow.

If I remember this correct you have two 9-pin connections on the OP. One of them is MPI, the other is for programming only. But it's late, so see you tomorrow somewhere 14.00 CET.

OK,

I checked some of the manuals but first of all:

- programming the OP77B by means of the serial port requires a null-modemkabel (RS232).

- programming via a profibus-cp-card requires a MPI/profibus-cable (RS485).

When you restart the OP77B and there is already a project inside, the bootloader should be visible during a few seconds before the OP restarts. You have these options to choose from:

- transfer
- start
- info/settings

Choose 'info/settings'. Go to 'Logon/settings'. This menu can be password-protected.

Then choose 'transfer/settings'. Here you can change settings but also disable/enable them. Chanel 1(serial) is by default active and enables the auto-transfer. Chanel 2 MPI/DP is by default disabled!
[FONT=&quot]You can choose [FONT=&quot]Enable (remote off):[/FONT][FONT=&quot] ‘MPI/Profibus-DP’-communication is possible but there is no [/FONT][FONT=&quot]‘Automatic transfer’.[/FONT] Or you choose [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Enable (remote On):[FONT=&quot] ‘MPI/Profibus-DP’-communication is possible and [/FONT][FONT=&quot]‘Automatic transfer’[/FONT][FONT=&quot] is active. [/FONT]

The transfert-mode can be made active by means of:

- the bootloader
- the transfer-function (as part of the OP-program)

I hope this will help you.
[/FONT]

I managed to get it working.
I realised that I needed to connect over MPI and the max speed for that is 187.5 for that (not 1.5MB as I had previously set)
I then had to install the older OS as the OP77B had a newer OS than my copy of WinCC Flex 2005.
After that I managed to connect and get my project transferred.
Thanks for your help!

Tom