s7 317pn communication with pc

Nepiter

Is there any easy way to collect and send db- data from 317 cpu to desktop PC?

317 cpu has rj45- port, but cpu does not have internal web- interface.

Connection to pc is planned to do with this rj-45.

Data which I would need, should be exported to excell somehow..

If you simply have the need to log some values on event or cyclically, the easiest and cheapest comercial product is probably Deltalogic Easylog. Costs 600 € and you dont need anything special apart from a PC with an ethernet port.

That would be nice and easy solution..thank You!

About scada and opc I have no clue, and I do not have a time so much for this.
If I need something more, I think setting up OPC server would be easier to learn than scada.

Is there OPC server inside of simatic-net software?

Ok, thank You for information.

If I will decide to use OPC, is there any tips, anywhere, how to set up communication via tcp/ip..? :confused:

In addition to Simatic Net as an OPC Server, you need an OPC Client that logs the data.

I could find some link to the documentation for Simatic Net, but since you write you have no clue and not so much time, I would take the easy route via the Deltalogic product.

Yes, at this time Deltalogic is My thing.. ;-)
My need is just to get DB content to excel.

But if there is some need for advanced communication, I need to think of something else.

Yup, I'll do that, if needed.
Thank You for help!
It's very easy to use OPC Server. If you have a SimaticNet so you can install and use Siemens OPCServer. All thing that you have to do is Configure your CP-card for IP or MAC ,configure your OPC server test your data in Siemens OPC program in your pc, create a Excel file and write some VBasic as a macro and enjoy data logging in Excel.(There is also a Connectivity Pack in PCS7 that do all this thing automatically , but that is for Scada project)

Here is a link that can help you through that:
https://support.automation.siemens....objaction=csview&extranet=standard&viewreg=WW

OPCServer

Is there any easy way to collect and send db- data from 317 cpu to desktop PC?

317 cpu has rj45- port, but cpu does not have internal web- interface.

Connection to pc is planned to do with this rj-45.

Data which I would need, should be exported to excell somehow..
It's very easy to use OPC Server. If you have a SimaticNet so you can install and use Siemens OPCServer. All thing that you have to do is Configure your CP-card for IP or MAC ,configure your OPC server test your data in Siemens OPC program in your pc, create a Excel file and write some VBasic as a macro and enjoy data logging in Excel.(There is also a Connectivity Pack in PCS7 that do all this thing automatically , but that is for Scada project)

Here is a link that can help you through that:
https://support.automation.siemens.c...ard&viewreg=WW