s7-400 - Copy current I/O and memory status?

theratburger

I used to work with all Allen-Bradley at my last job but since February i have been working at mostly a Siemens plant. I really miss one of my troubleshooting tools from AB and wondered if there was any kind of equivelence on S7.

When I would go to a breakdown on AB if it looked like something new I would just hit save as, save a second copy and take it for later review. The copy would have all of the tags/i/o etc. in current state as of the save.

We run a monitor that logs a couple thousand tags real time but when something that's not in the system comes up I would love to have a full copy of all memory bits/current db actual values and i/o values to evaluate later.

I was even thinking of creating a DB file large enough to store all of my memory bits in and doing a block move off of a trigger on an alarm or in the HMI.

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance.