S7-400 Master and S7-1500 Slave communication

toont

Hi all,

What is the best way to set up a master/slave relationship with an S7-400 Master (Step 7 5.5) and S7-1500 Slave (TIA Portal) PLC?
I could find an example here, but it's specifically for failsafe PLC's.

https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/ww/en/view/109478798

The Siemens support document above has a more general discussion of i-device, besides the safety setup (which has a few complications). Basically the steps are to:

1. configure the I-Device transfer areas in the 1500 (device)
  2. Export this I-Device as a GSD
  3. Import it into the 400 (Controller)
  4. The assigned IO addresses can be whatever is desired, they do not have to match.

Many thanks! I will try that method. The link Siemens provided for "config_idevice_standard_DOCU_V1d0_en.pdf" is broken, do you happen to have the pdf file?

Many thanks! I will try that method. The link Siemens provided for "config_idevice_standard_DOCU_V1d0_en.pdf" is broken, do you happen to have the pdf file?

It is broken isn't it. Drat. If you search the help file for I-Device, it should have at least some of the same info. Hopefully it would be enough.

If you search for the V13 Profinet manual, it might have info on I-device configuration there as well.