S7 414 CPU Replacement with S7 416

Jethro Baidoo

Hello Team,
I have an 6ES7414-3XM05-0AB0 CPU and someone wants to offer me 6ES7416-2XP07-0AB0 CPU as replacement part.
I need to know if there are any technicalities I need to take into consideration.
Do I assume that just changing the CPU in the hardware config will suffice?
Are there any surprises up for me?
Kindly share your experience.

You would be better off posting in the main forum Q&A, many people do not bother reading the practice posts
however, the best thing you can do is google the two part numbers there are data sheets on the Siemens websites for both processors, a quick look at both the 7416 just seems to be a later more powerful version but I suggest you look at the power supply requirements to see if the PSU you already have will be powerful enough.
Here is the link to the 7416
https://mall.industry.siemens.com/mall/en/WW/Catalog/Product/6ES7416-2XP07-0AB0

It all depends what else is in the H/W config. Strip out your program and post the project with just the h/w config in it.