S7 Cant download block

cjd1965

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi I am trying to download a new FB onto a 3152PN/DP but I get an error message. The CPU is not write protected and I can write other blocks etc. The memory looks like it has lots spare

The message says about the local interface but the block seems to be below the limit

Any Ideas?

s7_1.png s7_2.png s7_3.png

Hi
It is my own block (compiled from SCL) and has no temp data variables

Hi the issue was scl string length as mentioned by Beethoven in his 1st link

Thanks all

Your screen shot tells us that there is 6938 bytes of local data. Max local data for a 315 is 2048 bytes per block

Last edited:
Hi Bratt
I had to recompile with

SCL_SetMaximumStringLength := '60' as a compiler option

This made the local data only 1864 bytes

Cheers