cant find free download allenbradley servo drive ultra series

We bought Ultraware for like 75 bucks from our AB distributer. Very fair price IMHO.

Beyond that, I would venture our AB rep would come out to reset a fault for no charge unless it were extremely often or off hours/holiday. And in the event it was something happening often, I'd look into why it was happening. I only have four AB Ultra 3000 drives, but they have never gave me so many problems that getting my hands on a copy of Ultrware was a do or die event.

I got a new laptop the other day and just for giggles I installed the DSAPro software and was able to open one of my drive projects. The devicenet information wasn't available though the help file seems to suggest that it should be.

I'll likely uninstall it and and reinstall Ultraware on the new machine but in a pinch I guess it would do someone some good to commission a drive or reset a fault.

The Devicenet option may not be available under G&L's brand. If I find otherwise I will post the information.

Devicenet

I opened a new file in DSAPro and chose an offline Devicenet drive for the configuration. The Devicenet info came up with no problem.

Interesting. I opened an existing project, I'll try making a new one just to see what happens or pull the data from an existing drive.

You worry too much

This situation is very simple. The next time your company brings AB in for a "$2K" call, before they leave, have them direct you to the free download. If it exists, I am 100% sure that they will accomodate. Make sure that a superior in the organization is present. While they are present, you are paying them, and they work for your company, hence, they would be obligated to do this for you. I will suspect that you're doing this will bring out the possiblity that there is no free download. "Nothing is free from AB. They would sell the word nothing if someone would pay them for it." Either way, you win. You either get the software needed for free, or someone within your organization besides you will see firsthand the need to purchase the software to avoid bringing AB in. From that point on, it's not your problem.

swhite65 said:
ChuckM:

Let me know if the software worked for your application if you get a chance. Thanks.

It's going to be a while before I have time I think. I have to keep the Ultraware on the old laptop as it is until I get a serial port for the new one. Being busy as jumper cables at a redneck wedding is going to keep me from it too it seems.

russrmartin said:
This situation is very simple. The next time your company brings AB in for a "$2K" call, before they leave, have them direct you to the free download. If it exists, I am 100% sure that they will accomodate. Make sure that a superior in the organization is present. While they are present, you are paying them, and they work for your company, hence, they would be obligated to do this for you. I will suspect that you're doing this will bring out the possiblity that there is no free download. "Nothing is free from AB. They would sell the word nothing if someone would pay them for it." Either way, you win. You either get the software needed for free, or someone within your organization besides you will see firsthand the need to purchase the software to avoid bringing AB in. From that point on, it's not your problem.

The originator of this thread has not posted on this topic in a while. It makes no sense that his company would pay for a service call and not pay for the software if it had been explained to them. Less than $100 is practically free as software goes. The cable is probably included. So something sounds a little strange here.

I know there are other private labeled versions of this drive. Even so, he should get the Ultraware to make sure he has everything covered in case there are small differences with other versions of this software. I believe Electrocraft is the originator and "author" of this software. It was for their BRU drive line. I'm not sure what if any effect Rockwell's purchase of Electrocraft has had on this software.

I have used the DSAPro on Ultra drives on a service call because that was the only tool I had available. I would certainly have Ultraware on hand if I had Ultra drives under my responsiblility at a plant.

I wonder if the original poster would give an update?