S7 PLC DB to Exel

Gidy

I have the next question.
I want to view some data from a S7 plc in an exel sheet. I want also toggle some bits in exel. So that I have a simple HMI.
Had someyone a sollution or example how I can do that.

Hello Gidy,

You may think about DDE or OPC. These are methods to get data from an Plc or other device. I don’t know if the Plc can handle DDE. You must check your manual… OPC is an standard tool that comes in all sorts of configuration for almost anything you can think of… Maybe is that an solution.??..

Last edited:
I don’t know if the Plc can handle DDE.
It's not the PLC that has to handle DDE.

Both DDE and OPC are used the same way: the DDE or the OPC server takes care of the communication with the PLC over the dedicated protocol. That's why DDE or OPC drives cost money: the manufacturer has to pay the PLC manufacturer to get insight in the dedicated protocol. As an example: rumours are Siemens charges about 25,000 Euro per protocol. The DDE or OPC server also handles the communication with the client application, but this takes place based on the standard protocols DDE or OPC.

Regards,

OK, you could try the KEPServerEX OPC Servers by KepWare. There's a free demo to download at their website. I have tested one of the previous versions and it looks OK.

Good luck,

Hi,

I've heard that Siemens has a software, I think it goes by the name "Microcomputing"

I saw a demo for this software, when it was being launched here, some time back, but they were using S7-200 series only. you can check out at siemens's site.

best of luck