S7 program foreign language conversion

S15DET

I work with a lot of machinery that was built in Germany with code that was written, obviously, in German. Everything I do is delayed by having to translate symbols, network labels, everything. I don't speak German, so I use a net-based translator, one-word-at-a-time. Is there a software package that will do this for me? If not, maybe I should write one (not that I could)? Would anyone else use such a converter?

I can tell you the problems with using canned software. The "words" used in many cases are technical or "slang" terms that wont be in standard software. I have actually had to break words apart to get their meaning....program from an S7-300 that was written in German and the factory would not translate. You can spend hours trying to translate some programs.

Their are companies that do technical translations but they are not cheap.

I may have to retract this statement. It was several years ago when I was doing the translations and had problems. I just used Babelfish and it now translates the terms much easier and better than it did in the past.

Babelfish will allow 150 words too:
http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr

I am going back to college to obtain my BSEE, one of my first subjects that I WANTED was German.