S7 Programming Cables Advice

Big_Robo

Hello, starting to get myself into the PLC game and i'm in need of a few support cables. Sorry if this is simple stuff.

Sadly the laptop the company got me only has USB and Ethernet so what cables will I need to communicate by DP, RS232, MPI etc. Links would be amazing.

Thank You

probably this for PPI/MPI/DP (other folks like IBH-softec and I think VIPA have similar devices).

I'm not sure about RS/232 adapters. we actually use a few not to expensive adapters which are working for us.

Take a look at Mark's site. Mark is a member here and very well informed about programming cables. And his products are cheaper and at the same time of the same high standards as the original ones. I know because at one time I was one of the guys he contacted to check one of his products.