Saftey Inputs & ouputs into Non-Saftey PLC (Siemens)

mad4x4

What he have is a HMI2GO unit ( KTP900F) and we use a safety relay to trigger our e-stops. What the tech wants to do is guard against e-Stop on planned unplug of the HMI2GO this is his text . The Remote IO near by is standard with no safety inputs. We have a 2x2Wire E-Stop Circuit to PILTZ estop relay to tap into.

Currently we have connected the enable to 2 standard digital inputs, which functionally would stop system movements if cable is accidentally unplugged. but if this does not conform to safety standards we could use a ProfiSafe digital input card instead of a normal input card. The 2-channel Enable feedback can then be evaluated with the profisafe function block which needs to be implemented and programmed. We can still use the normal existing CPU but need to order a failsafe input card (Siemens 326-1BK02-0AB0).

Quote above from one of our Techs, Am I right in thinking that if we need to use a ProfiSafe card then the ProfiSafe function has to run on a safety PLC?

Siemens fail safe PLC's are the only platform that can properly monitor and react to Siemens fail safe I/O. There is constant checking and monitoring between the PLC and the I/O.