Sample and Hold: Stand alone device

mikek

I'm looking for a Sample + Hold device for a 0-10 VDC signal. I would like it to record the peak value and feed it to a motion controller (with slow scan rate). It would be nice if this was an off the shelf industrial component and not a circuit I must design/build.

Any help is appreciated.

// Mike

How fast does the signal change?
Is it available to a PLC?
Is there a PLC connected to the motion controller?

Help us out with as many details for your system as you can! We don't know your system and can't read your mind...

How fast does the signal change?
Is it available to a PLC?
Is there a PLC connected to the motion controller?

Help us out with as many details for your system as you can! We don't know your system and can't read your mind...

Ozee
What you dont like doing 20 questions and pulling hens teeth to get answers to help the guy?
Neither do I

Dan Bentler

1. The sensor has a 2.5 ms refresh rate, it is ultra sonic looking down at a part that travels undernieth the sensor in 20-30 ms.

2. The controller is a Yaskawa MP2300, it is both a PLC and motion controller. A IO block provides analog inputs to the system. The IO scan time is too slow to repeatably detect the peak voltage signal. The scan time is slowed because of control of 13 axes.

3. When I run the same part under the sensor 20 times, I get 20 different peak readings in the PLC. This translates into real world measurements which fluctuate 10 mm, for a part that is approximately 90 mm tall. We've proved the sensor is repeatable and there is no noise by measuring the voltage on a seperate oscilloscope which showed excellent results.

I was looking for an off the shelf solution, maybe DIN rail mountable. This should allow me to feed the sensor's voltage signal as an input and accept control signals such as: Acquire and Reset.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

// Mike

What is part velocity and what is its size? If you are putting a quarter thru in 20 msec as opposed to an engine block the velocity (and variations) may have something to do with your variation in sensed time.

Dan Bentler