Sample File Included with RSLogix 5000

gbradley

Lifetime Supporting Member
"C:\RSLogix 5000\Projects\Samples\ENU\v20\Rockwell Automation\Motion.acd"

Can someone open theirs and Post a PDF so that I can look at it?
Particularly I would like to see examples of the Motion State, and Motion Move commands.

I have the Mini Edition of RSLogix5000, because I don't have any ControlLogix controllers around here.
Thanks

"C:\RSLogix 5000\Projects\Samples\ENU\v20\Rockwell Automation\Motion.acd"

Can someone open theirs and Post a PDF so that I can look at it?
Particularly I would like to see examples of the Motion State, and Motion Move commands.

I have the Mini Edition of RSLogix5000, because I don't have any ControlLogix controllers around here.
Thanks

Was just gonna do it for you, but for some reason my PDF "printer" has gone AWOL. If I get it back up and running I'll happily PDF this file for you.

My bet is someone else will beat me to it.....

The motion axes didn't translate perfectly from an M02AE to a Kinetix 6500, but you can get the general look and feel of things from it.

It's compressed to be a ZIP file.

Thanks Ken,
Daba was right.
This will help tremendously.

Side bar...
I see a new instruction that I don't understand. [NOP]
I don't see the purpose of rung 0
I read the help files, but I can't quite understand what the difference is between a branch with [NOP] and a shorted branch.
The rung is laid out differently, but either way looks valid.

Thank-you for converting the Motion file.

RungComparison.jpg

It's a No Operation instruction; it's strictly a placeholder.

I think the reason it's used is that a shorted rung generates a compiler warning, while a rung with a NOP instruction is not.

I've seen a lot of programmers use rungs with an unconditional NOP just as a placeholder for an extensive comments rung.

Got it,
The only reason that it is in there is so that they could put the following blurb in...

All information provided - No Warranty or implied merchantability.
Refer to the RSLogix 5000 End User License Agreement (EULA) in the Release Notes

The motion axes didn't translate perfectly from an M02AE to a Kinetix 6500, but you can get the general look and feel of things from it.

It's compressed to be a ZIP file.

Thanks again Ken,
I was finally able to get back to this today.
I'm able to move to a set point using the MAM and it is working great.
As I said before these sample programs are a godsend.
You Rock!