Save or Upload ? Rslogix 5000

Is a save in RSLogix 5000 essentially an upload? Are all tag databases saved in either case? Are there any glaring differences between the two?
If I save then go off line, when I go back on line with my saved project with no problem, is my offline project 100% the same as what is on the processor cpu?

Upload transfers the contents of the PLC RAM to your computer RAM. Save, saves the project in your PC's RAM to your computer's hard drive.

Often when saving, the software will ask if you want to perform an upload and then save so your project will be saved with the latest data values.

OG

Similar Topics

Has anyone run into a problem trying to upload during a save on CCW? I've got 7 Powerflex 700 VC drives on controlnet and about half of them get a...
Replies
Views
Coming from the world of Rockwell I am used to saving and uploading current parameter data, which then get downloaded with the logic if I do...
Replies
Views
PLC is new for me and I try to upload some programs from SLC 501,502, and 504 for backup file. Some reason I could not save the upload program...
Replies
Views
Hi; First of all, I am sorry that my post is not relevant with this forum. I have recently purchased Samsung cell phone. I have alreay saved...
Replies
Views
Hello! I have a datablock in a PLC witch contains about 700 variables. I must save this data once a day on a Windows PC in a XML or CSV file. Eg...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom