saving real values in DB in step7

tajammal

i want to store data values (real values) from analogue inputs in step7 using Data block.(hardware s7-300). also how can i monitor these stored values(online)

You can just open the data block up and click "online", or watch where in the program the data is converted from a raw digital word into a scaled floating point value. Or was this question regarding HMI options? Better questions get better answers, so be as specific and detailed as you can.

the real values (electrical signal) get processed into digital in the IO card A to D converter. this value is stored in a PIW address to read this value you can use a VAT table or move the value to a DB ether just move the value or scale the value into something usable and store it in a DB ether way you can then watch the value in the DB as well or reference the DB address in your VAT table. FYI analog signals are +27648 to -27648. this allows for a little over range in your process :)