Scada and Panel design

orense

Hello everybody,

Does anybody know if there is any good litterature on Scada design. I have worked with WinCC flexible, IGSS etc but sometimes you start to wonder which way is the best way to design things.
I am thinking of basic things like colours, writing ( caps or no ), alarms handling, how much information to put into desaign etc...

All these things has to be decided before you start, therefore I wonder if there are any guidelines that has been specified be industrial design experts etc?

Any comments?

Andreas

I just happened to read that in Bailey & Wrights' Practical SCADA for Industry book last night! They don't have much to say about it:

ve2fs1.jpg

2lt35nk.jpg

I'll see if I can peruse my ISA standards and see what they have to say about the topic.

Dan

see pages 41-45 for HMI standards from US Army standards published in Technical Manual No 5-601, titles (in typical all caps US Army fashion):

SUPERVISORY CONTROL AND DATA ACQUISITION (SCADA) SYSTEMS FOR COMMAND, CONTROL, COMMUNICATIONS, COMPUTER, INTELLIGENCE, SURVEILLANCE, AND RECONNAISSANCE (C4ISR) FACILITIES

I don't have a pdf extractor on the this PC and the file size of 800+Kb is too large for this forum's upload.

Dan

ISA's standard, Human Engineering for Control Centers, ISA–RP60.3–1985, has only the most generic stuff, like "use color coding". Not worth the purchase, in my view.

These pages from a SCADA system User Guide show an overview of screen layout taking into account navigation and areas for messaging and alarms.

5cnkw5.jpg