Scada Citec to talk with Siemens across Ethernet

Jeff23spl

Is there a built in driver to talk Ethernet Via Siemens Profinet to an S7-315 in the Citec Scada interface ?

SQ-D /Vijio Citect version 7.0

Citect sell a driver from South Africa that my customers tell me is brilliant and well worth the money.
The built in driver apparently does not have the functionality of the South African one.
One of my customers is using it in a hospital. The Citect SCADA system now has over 115,000 tags - a big one.

You will always need an extra component:

Or you use PsDirect, in my opinion the best way to communicate with siemens, but you need to buy the driver from citect.

Or you communicatie with the build in driver from citect but he communicates trough SIMATIC NET so you will need an extra license from siemens.

Regards,

Marsi