Were am i going wrong? Citec Scada 2016 With Compact Logix

nugo

Hello all,

Work has a copy of citec scada so as a side project i have been trying to set it up and running. I have hit a bit of a wall with getting it to talk to a PLC.

Its installed on a VM & the VM can ping the PLC im trying to connect to. I have attached a series of screenshots to show how i have set it up. I cant attach enough images so added a imgur album below.

https://imgur.com/a/vBZB408

Im using Citec Scada trying to talk to a compactlogix plc. I went through the setup wizards in I/O devices and am using the ABCLX Driver.

I created a page with some buttons to see if i can watch a tag change stage from the PLC. I have set the buttom to watch the tag CommsSts.DN wich is just a on/off pulsating tag, i would assume the little red light would go on and off if it can see the tag.

I can run the active project without errors.

Any ideas?

i just spent days trying to figure this out and the SECOND i make the post i figure it out.

When i would run the project i would wait 20ish seconds see nothing and close it down.

it took about 60 seconds for the active project to actually see the tags.

Anyone who sees this in the future when you run your active project wait a minute or two to see if its actually talking or not.

Last edited:
Depends on which PLC & Which Driver you use

Even if using the same PLC
Some drivers open in seconds & some take a few minutes

If I remember correctly the OPC driver via RsLinx was the slowest