SCADA for AB-EtherNET/IP network

ralejos

Hey,
I have 10 machines each controlled by an AB SLC-5/05 and all connected through an EthernetNet/IP network. I need to monitor machine stops (MTTR/MTBF), parts produced and some more process data and of course get web reports for intranet users. It need SMS and email alarms as well.
I am thinking to use a Windows PC (or a server) with Allen Bradley RSLinx Classic as OPC Server to collect data from PLCs and build an OPC client application (VB or C#) to store data in mySQL and from there get WEB reports using Jasper. The client application would manage the alarm messages to a GSM modem connected via RS232 to the server.
I new a low cost solution. Any suggestion on the best client platform to be used??, or any Open SCADA OPC compliant recommended?.....or any better/easier aproach to this project??

Many thanks!

Ricardo Alejos
monycon