SCADA Learner

Hello Syed;

A SCADA system is a Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition package that interfaces with a plant/process control system, generally a PLC. It allows operators to send commands to the control system, recieve information, status and alarms from the process, while building databases to archive the required information from the process.

Basically, what you need is a PC, SCADA software and communication drivers/interfaces to connect to the control system.

Examples of SCADA software available on the market:
-RS-View, by Rockwell
-WinCC, by Siemens
-Citect, by CI Technologies
-Wonderware, by Intellution
-Fix, by GE Fanuc
-Cx Supervisor, by Omron

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Scada

Also, National Instruments has s SCADA package called LOOKOUT. You can get a free demo copy from them. I will try to find and post the site for you. The demo is fully functional, but will shut down after 2 hours. This is the only SCADA software I have used, but they are probably some what similar, much like PLCs.
🍻