Scada Newbie - (Tags, addressing devices)

demuso

Hi guys,

This probably is a very silly and simple question, but I have about 56 devices all of the same type. (i,e use the same device addresses but at different IP addresses). Do I have to declare each tag for each device in the tag variable list, or is there a quicker way to get around this?

Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks =)

Tentatively, Yes.
At the very least, you probably need to declare about 56 different communication topics in you OPC/DDE server (If you have one). Then you could possibly get creative in the HMI by scripting to scan through the servers (If your HMI supports this), or blind aliasing a generic tag to various topics (if your... Wait... Getting a thought here, oh yah... MORE INFORMATION NEEDED FOR A VALID RESPONSE).

Um. I'm connecting to around 56 Mitsubishi PLC devices - each with the same set of functionalities. Each device has a set of variables at the same addresses e.g. Comms_status at address M1000. Do I need to make 56 individual tags for this or is there a way to use an address label and device connection?