Scada question please help

IdealDan

Hi Professional Friends!

Please, how can I Integrate/represent Liquified Natural gas inflow and outflow from flowmeter and show the data on the following intervals; Hourly, daily, weekly and monthly on a SCADA Screen. Assuming the client wants to the gas Quantity coming and the quantity going to/fro from different Terminals?
PLEASE THIS QUESTION IS A SERIOUS ONE AND I'LL APPRECIATE A STEP-BY-STEP APPROACH.THANKS IN ADVANCE

What PLC is the flowmeter connected to? What is the SCADA system?

I would do all of the totaliser calculations in the PLC using periodic or interrupt tasks and just show static tags for each interval with historical trends on the SCADA screen.

Firstly i would buy a flow meter that comes with the needed temperature transmitter, pressure transmitter, and a flow transmitter (If you are using a orifice plate then you will need a Differential Pressure Transmitter)(Turbine meter sends pulses that need to be counted)(Ultrasonic meters have flow computers in them, but I am not sure they can be used with liq nat gas).

You will need either two sets of transmitters and one flow computer that can handle two flows or you will need two sets of transmitters and two flow computers. If you have to measure inlet and outlet. But typically you only measure one flow per meter.

If you need to measure the quality of liq nat gas then you will need a chromatograph to analyze the gas composition. (or at least thats what i use to analyze nat gas in the gas state)

Most flow computers will have memory set aside for flow volumes on a hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly basis.

Then you need a PLC to read that information from said flow computers with Ethernet or serial connection.

Then you need to transfer that information from the PLC to the SCADA system you are using.

Hope that helps you get going.