SCADA screen last alarms

Charbel

Dear,

What are the minimum number of last alarms that should be shown on the SCADA screen. Any thought? the SCADA screens will be monitoring a baggage handling system, do you know of any standard to support your reply? thanks a lot.

charbel

Dear,

What are the minimum number of last alarms that should be shown on the SCADA screen. Any thought? the SCADA screens will be monitoring a baggage handling system, do you know of any standard to support your reply? thanks a lot.

charbel

I typically show the last 7 days, regardless of the number of alarms. This is primarily for process control and typically the operators/engineers don't need to see more than this. Of course, more history is available by request.

The real question you need to ask is how long will a historical alarm be useful in troubleshooting problems. As long as service or maintenance is available to solve the problem that caused the alarm (if necessary) then the time frame will be short.

Again, keeping a record that is available after it rolls off the normally visible history screen is crucial - just in case they need to see a pattern or trend.