Scadapack 350 and 334 cannot connect

kuckphoto

Hi! I've got a customer that has several SCADApacks at remote sites and I need to make changes in their cellular network system. I have the .pia archive files from these RTUs and can open them in ISaGRAF but I have had zero success connecting to them through ISaGRAF. They have TCP setup and I know the IP addresses but they it gives me a failure to connect error when I try to read from them. It's been a very frustrating experience. I've also tried to connect via the USB and with a homemade serial cable following the pinouts we downloaded from Schneider. Of course the ISaGRAF software is obsolete and not compatible with Windows 10 so I'm using an XP VM to run the software. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've only ever done the training for the newer E series versions, but I thought there was a different package for configuration. The isaGRAF was only for logic programming.

A quick look on the Schneider website suggests this might be the case for these too, there's a separate config disk download.

I'm on my phone right now so can't have a look at what's in the file but take a look in the Downloads section here:

https://www.se.com/ww/en/product-ra...=business-1-industrial-automation-and-control

I found the answer

I was trying to connect with the Ethernet driver as opposed to the TeleBus driver configured for Modbus/TCP. With that driver I was able to connect through ISaGRAF. Apparently the Ethernet driver is only for Ethernet/IP devices.

There is a new software suite for the SCADApacks called SCADApack Workbench and a configurator but if the SCADApack is programmed in ISaGRAF there is no way to port over the program that I can find because it won't read a pia file. I did have the configurator connected to it and pulled the log files.

Last edited: