Schenider VSD with Ethernt/IP and ControlLogix

Erik vdH

Hi,

I'm trying to connect an ATV61 VSD with Ethernet/IP card to a control logix (via 1756-ENET series B card). The ATV manual mentions using RSNetworx for Ethernet/IP. I can't get the connection working but am unsure if the missing piece is the use of RSNetworx (I don't have RSNetworx).

RSNetworx for EtherNet/IP is a good piece of diagnostic software but it is not required for configuration of I/O connections to ControlLogix.

Can you post a link to the Schneider documentation for their EtherNet/IP interface ?

Is there an error code showing in the Connection status for the drive, or is the drive not functioning as expected with regards to start/stop or reference ?

As Ken says, you don't need RsNetworx.

Just use the generic profile provided by Rockwell. If you can find the VW3A3316 manual, it is all in there.

Unfortunately it is over 10Mb, so I cannot attach it to this forum.

Schneider will be able to send you this manual if you call them, or you can download it from their website

http://ecatalog.squared.com/techlib/docdetail.cfm?oid=09008926803f6962

I just googled ATV61 Ethernet/IP

Yes, I had that schneider manual. I have added a generic Ethernet/IP module, set up all parameters as per the Schneider manual but there is a constant IO error. The error is shown in the two attached JPG files.

I have not set one up before but am assuming the all mapping and assembles are not the issue here, since the ControlLogix and the ATV Ethernet/IP are not actually 'connecting' in the first place.

I understand from some posts that the Ethernet/IP on a 1756-ENET series B is half duplex 10MBps only. To eliminate my ethernet switch I directly connected the PLC to the VSD via a crossover cable and tried to force that communications format. The IO light on the controller still flashing.

ATV_Logix.jpg ATV_Logix2.jpg

1756-ENET series B

Wow, when I spoke to tech support about one of these a while back, they mentioned that they were old!!!

What firmware etc are you using? Ken would be able to state if that module is compatible etc.

Back to basics, have you set the IP address of the ATV correctly, plugged into the correct port, can you ping it etc?

Also, have you set the settings the same as the ENET module?

The fault information is on the middle tab, "Connections". Capture that when it's showing an error code and post it.

Hi Ken,

There are two errors that I can see there. See attached screen-grabs

Thanks for looking at this one for me...

ATV_Logix.jpg ATV_Logix2.jpg

Assembly Instance Sizes

You may be beyond this by now, but one thing for sure that will make the I/O Not Responding light flash is if the size of either of your Assembly Instances Sizes are not the exact same size as their counterparts on the ATV configuration...you'll get the I/O not responding flashing. Make double sure your ATV EIP assembly sizes for 100 and 101 are indeed 8 in your drive card config.

ENET half duplex? Interesting. Once you do get things going that might be an issue. If anything is set to autonegotiate, you'll be O.K. with your half duplex ENBT card, but if any devices are hardcoded/set to 100 Full, the autonegotiator will default to 10 Half...and between it and the hardcoded 100 Full one you'l have an issue.