Schneider Automation Inc Tsx Momentum

nswu1

What Software Is Used To Program This Plc? It Has Rs232 Pv01 Rl80 So 2.03 Listed On It. It Appears To Have A Ethernet Port.
Schneider Automation Inc. Tsx Momentum

I've used Modicon Concept software to program the Momentum. You can use either IEC or 984 style programming, but you have to download the right firmware to the PLC for each type of programming.

if its your only project look around for Modsoft..its an old dos based program..no longer supported so i am sure you can find it cheap..The downside is modsoft hates any windows version above 95..it works but communications get all screwed up..so if you go modsoft work with an old laptop with windows 3.1 or at the latest 95..Also the hard drive works better as Fat32 rather than NTFS

If its a small project and you have to use doze 95 and above then a trial version of proworx is around..allows you up to 20 networks..

There is also a gentleman who frequents this board who has a 3rd party software for this..I do remember his name is Jim but for the life of me cannot remember his last name of company name at this time..I am sure it will come to me when i least expect it..

Good luck...

Darren

PeterW said:
Concept... ugh
You know, a couple of weeks ago I would have disagreed with you - then I had to do some 984 programming with Concept.

Concept 984 is without a doubt the absolute worst ladder programming package I've ever used, and I learned PLC's on a Siemens PG-605 handheld. I think Concept IEC is a great package, and I can be more productive with that vs. anything else I've used, but the 984 programming in Concept is simply awful.

So, anyway, it depends on the CPU you've got. Don't be so sure that the port you see is an ethernet port - the (primary) serial ports on Momentum CPU's are RJ-45 ports also. You need to know the part number.

700 (17X-CPU-700-XX) is a serial port 984 CPU
780-00 is a serial port 984 CPU. The second port is another serial port
780-10 is a serial CPU that is IEC or 984. The 2nd port is another serial port
760-00 is a serial CPU that is IEC or 984, but can't save an IEC program in flash. The second port is interbus
760-10 is a serial CPU that is IEC or 984, and can flash the IEC. 2nd port is interbus
980-20 is an ethernet CPU, 984 only. The second port is serial
980-30 is an ethernet CPU, IEC or 984. The second port is serial
960-20 is an ethernet CPU, 984 only. The second port is interbus
960-30 is an ethernet CPU, IEC or 984. The second port is interbus.

Last edited:
Momentums can use Modsoft, the different versions of Proworx and Concept. They don't support Unity. As previously mentioned, the different processor part numbers determine what language you use to program in Concept(LL984 or IEC).
I have been using Concept IEC function blocks for several years and I really like Concept. I am always puzzled by the complaints about Concept but then if you use LL984 then I understand, its' pretty lame compared to Logix 500. I also like the Momentum platform and use them quite often. They do pretty much everything a Quantum will do for the smaller projects for less than half the cost. They do have some quirks and Modicon's documentation doesn't help much most of the time.
Steve

smiller said:
I have been using Concept IEC function blocks for several years and I really like Concept. I am always puzzled by the complaints about Concept but then if you use LL984 then I understand,

Its not the different structure, it was the fact that the function blocks required a different programming package and are 'outside' the normal code. The internal variables are totally seperate to the main program and cannot remember anything and the worse crime of all, make a change to one and maintain the same name, you cannot go on-line again.

You may say these have been 'fixed' since I last worked with it about 4 to 5 years ago, but I hated it. Prefer Proworx, but not because I prefer LL984.

I usually program Siemens in STL and ladder.