schneider unitypro

Hi friends
I am unable to open a unity pro program which was done two years back for my client. the software version which i am using now is higher than the original program version.
can u pls help
chitra

Do you have an .sta version of the program, this can be opened with other versions.
If you only have the .stu file you can try and change the extension of the file to .sta and it might work

I absolutely fail to understand why a current version of the software will not open a program written on an older version. The software should always be backward compatible - wake up Schneider.

It is pretty frustrating I know!

suchitradevi79, what version was the original? someone might still have V 3, 4, 5 whatever floating around and could open and export an XEF (Application Exchange File or Archive File or something like that) which is compatible between versions from about 2.0 something onwards. I have version 3.5, 4.0 and 5.5 available to me (I think).

I have just this week gone through the nerve destroying process of a Premium series firmware upgrade on a live system, simply so that I could finally Unity Pro 6.0 and use a Windows 7 machine at the plant!

What i was talking about is that to go from pl7 to unity you can upgrade some cpu's firmware. Alot of the times with other brands you dont have that option. If you had a unity cpu there was no need to upgrade the firmware. Also there is a tick box in unity to automatically save a *sta file when you save. Just use this and youll never have a problem again

Also they cannot warn you more times when installing an upgrade. Its in bright letters telling you to save your programs as a certain file before continuing with the upgrade