Scrolling alarm text with PanelView+ & SLC504

mach1x

Have a Panelview + 1000 and an old SLC504 on a 13 slot rack. Need to scroll messages on the screen for programmed active alarms. Will be using Local Messages on the screen program and Local Message Display on a screen. I cannot figure out how to show all active messages for the word in sequential order for which alarms are active. My boss got it to work in RSLogix 5000 using the FBC. I am using RSLogix 500 version 8. I really do not understand the functionality of the FBC (as I am a low level programmer and no where near engineering level, hell I do not even understand how a mask works). Would the SQC work in a similar manner? I just want to show from one message to the next without any pauses if they are even separated by 10 bits. I would greatly appreciate any input at all.

Thanks,
KC.

Here is my working sample.
I'm using the BSL, MOV, MVM and TON to do all the work. Details explanation is inside the RSLogix 500 file. I bet someone have better idea.
In the HMI I setup my local message with the trigger value of 2 base to match the individual alarm bit from the PLC.

50843-01.gif

Attachments

• Scroll_Test.zip
    14 KB · Views: 70
Thanks very much for the feedback, it is greatly appreciated.

KC.

edit: PS. I will report back when I test it for success.

Last edited: