SCU41-V1 and E5CN communication

beginner_90

Hello all,

I would like to read and write values such as Set Value and Process Value from the E5CN via the PLC with SCU41-V1. I have never worked with this before and have limited knowledge to get started. Could anyone please guide me through this? should I use PMCR, if so, how do I get started with it? Please be kind enough to let me know. Thank you veryy much!

Thank you so much for the helpful input.
The wire connection is done already, the issue is I have read that I have to use PMCR, not sure how to really execute it (missing the basic) Also I have set the Communication protocol in E5CN as Modbus. So is there a way to use Modbus and communicate with the PLC?
Thank you soo much!

Hi gary..Sorry to trouble you again

I'm trying to use another method to read/write the Temperature Controller. By using the MOV instruction to move the holding register values to the DM area of the PLC (CJ2H). I have the set-up area contents from section 9-2-2 of the Serial Communication unit manual.

Issue is I'm not sure of the addressing format. How do I write to a bit of that particular word? for example: if the address for port 1 unit 1 is 30100, how do I address bit 15 of that word in MOV instruction?

Please let me know if this method would work and if there are any alternatives?
Thank you so very much.

Previously in other controllers the DM Area and the EM Area could be addressed only by words, and bit addresses could not be specified. The work area for bits can now be expanded by enabling bit addresses in theDM and EM Areas.
For example, D10.00 specifies bit 00 of D10.

If it is in the manual, I have found that the code will work.

Regards,

Thank you once again for the response. Is it something like 30100.00? I tried, it doesn't work in PLC.. sorry, may I ask which code you're referring to please?

Please see the attached memory map for the CJ2.
Omron addressing is XXXX.YY X = Channel number, Y = Bit number

The only memory area with a 5 digit channel number is DM or just D in the CJ family. Any memory area other than CIO requires the alpha character prefix in the address.

Hope this helps.

Thank alot for clearing that up.

I'm still stuck with establishing a communication between the temperature controller and PLC as I've mentioned before. I have gone through PMCR, still not entirely sure how to use it. Also downloading the Protocol Macro via CX protocol is action disabled in CX-protocol.
Could you please guide on how I can establish a communication between these? Really struggling here. Please let me know.. Thank you very very much for your patience and everything..