Search function is wonky.

JesperMP

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi all.

Just wanted to call Phil to the attention that the integral search function seems to have gone unreliable. I mean the one in the tool bar between "New Posts" and "Quick Links", not the Google search.

When searching for something that will get a lot of hits, the lates most uptodate threads will be listed OK, but lower down to the older threads there appears a lot of unrelated threads. And some old threads that I know exists do not appear in the result list. Seems that the search results have become jumbled.

I noticed recently that older posts were not included at all. I seem to recall that the cutoff date was about 2 years ago.

If I type in "IM151-8" for example, then I get results all the way back to 2003. More than half of the results are bogus. At least one genuine thread (the one that I was looking for and I know exist) does not appear.