Send alarm from G308 to email (and phone) via crimson 3

dbo20092011

I have encountered a problem when I try to send alarm from red lion G308 operator to both text and email using crimson 3.0.

The G308 is signaling that an alarm has went off but won't send it to either mail
or cellphone.

This is what I have done

-I set one of the Rs-232 comm ports device to "SMS via GSM modem"
-In mail manager I enabled mail service,transport mode and message relay
(and in the smtp section I set the server IP adrress to the local adress of the G308)
-I went into my datatags and set it to go of when any change happend and the mail to my email and my phone.

I had hopes that somebody could tell me if I'm either doing something wrong, see something that I have not done or really any type of comment on what I'm doing.

What brand modem do you have attached to the RS232 port?
The SMTP server IP needs to be the IP of an actual mail server. It can't be configured to the IP of the G3.

That was the problem! Done with m project since a couple of days ago and been of flying why I haven't been responsive earlier.

Thanks anyway!