sending and receiving ASCII commands from Plc to DMX Controller

arclivin

:wish:Hello
I want to sent the commands attached from PLC to DMX Controller.When i00 command is sent it replies as shown as fig in hyperterminal.

Please suggest a way how to send these ascii commands to control the DMX Controller and get/interpret the response through plc.

I think it would depend on what PLC you are using. However a few years ago I used a DirectLogic PLC from Automation to talk to a lighting console. I know they can use ascii commands and you should be able to use port 2 on a DL PLC to get the result you are looking for. Here is a link to a D0-06 I have been working with at a customers location using rs485 for data acquisition from some panel meters. They are a bit of a pain to get going, but once you get it going they work.

http://www.automationdirect.com/adc...Expandable_Micro_Brick_PLC)/PLC_Units/D0-06AR

thanks to your reply.The plc is part of a scada system.The plc customer using is siemens s7400 plc.if sir you have checked the manual for. i00 command the controller is responding with a lot of information.i have a doubt how this information can be parsed using plc.how also this commands can be sent(by defining functional blocks/by some other way)
please give advice.