Sending/Receiving CAN messages from IFM screen to an external CAN device

canuser

Hi,

I am a complete beginner with CODESys and have been tasked with programming an IFM CR1084 screen to communicate with another device, over CAN.

I have been told i should use the IFM RAW can library.

I found the document "CANopen for 3S Runtime Systems" here => http://support.maximatecc.com/sites...s/CANopen for 3S Runtime Systems V2_3_5_0.pdf

yup dodgy link! but its the real document!

Anyway it says..

2.2.2.1 Creating a new project and target selection After having started CoDeSys choose => File | New In the Target Settings dialog select the desired target system.
Then in tab General activate option Support CANopen configuration.
If this option is not available in the dialog and no CAN Master can be inserted in the PLC Configuration, this means that the target does not support CANopen.

I do not have that option under General OR anywhere!

So what does this mean?

if that option was! there I would then go ahead and ask what my next steps would be.

I assume i need to setup the can bus somehow and then can i just use the RAW can functions to send and receive messages?

Many Thanks