Sending out a string of data from AB ControlLogix to an EtherNet/IP to Serial Adapter

puisan77

Dear all,

Could anyone advise me on what messaging method under
MSG function of RSLogix5000 should be used to
send out a data string (ASCII/HEX) to an EtherNet/IP to Serial
Adapter?

I have read through the instruction list and found
that only CIP Generic could be used for messaging a
3rd party device.
However, I couldn't find a suitable Service Code, for
sending data string.

With Best Regards
Puisan

I am sending it via 1756-ENET, to a specific Port number 44818.
Target Device is a Non-CIP XPORT Adapter from Lantronix.

Currently developing the firmware at the Target side to
return the appropriate data in order for the ControlLogix to
proceed to next step.

Setup could be a LOT easier!

We have a product called DeviceMaster UP (do a yahoo search, as I'm having problems creating a link here), which interfaces your serial devices to the AB plcs. It supports write to tag and write to file with no logic required! If polling is preferred we can support that as well, and do offer sample logic to assist.

Configuring the device for operation can literally be done, up and running, and sending and reciving data within minutes.

If you'd be interested in evaluating a unit free of charge, please feel free to contact me directly.

Do your already have the 1756-ENET? I'm guessing you do since it hasn't been sold in years. The EWEB is going to be a better fit for your application sice the Lantronix device doesn't support CIP. Next best option would be some serial to Ethernet device that will allow the ASCII