Sending SMS to mobiles with PLC controlled triggers

ALT

Hai Everybody.I have Project requirement of sending of messages to mobile from the PLC controlled system.In a pharma company there will be controlling of Temperature,humidity and light intensity controlled with the Compactlogix PLC and Point IO's.when some process value changes SMS should trigger automatically to specified mobile numbers.Please anybody suggest the configuration for my requirement and which GSM hardware should be used with user defined messages with different process values.The communication between the PLC and GSM modem should be on Ethernet.

There are basicaly two ways to go here. Phoenix Contact makes industrial GSM modems and PLCs with build in GSM modems that you could use. These devices would require that you pay for wireless service to be able to connect to the local wireless network and sens messages.

Manu times the easier route is to set up you system to be able to send e-mail which is usually done through an Hmi. Almost all wireless phone providers have a method for generating an SMS message from an e-mail. I used to have a list of them but I'm not where I can access our work server right now.

The only down side to this (especially for critical applications) is that if the provider decides to change the way their email to SMS system function then you may not hear about it and miss some important message.