Sensor Parameters from a plc with turck io-link

joegabb295

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have been Tasked with wiring an i/o link block to an existing machine, and use a few proximity switches and a q4x laser distance sensor to monitor a conveyor. we do use turck i/link blocks, but we only read the inputs, or turn on outputs if they are an output device. we never manipulate parameters within a sensor itself. I see you can set parameters to a sensor itself with the i/o link master. but i also see others doing it through the latter program, and that is the route i would like to go. But this doesn't seem to be a well documented practice with Turck I/O Blocks. and i have struggled with how to do this for three days. I did read earlier today that you can use a msg instruction to write parameters to a sensor, but i havent been able to get that working either.

PLC - 1769-L16ER-BB1B4
I/O Link Block - Turck TBEN-L4-8IOL
Sensor Q4XFKLAF310-Q8
Secondary sensor - Keyence FS-N41C

All wired into our PLC Trainer Overnight

If anybody could point me in a proper Direction, Help me understand this better in a solid manner it would be greatly appreciated

I have Included the logic i was trying to use, i am also struggling a lot with Setting up Generic CIP