Serial Communications from a load Cell Controller - Omron

taward31

Hi All,

I am having trouble getting my head around an upcoming application.

What I have is a Omron PLC running sysmac configuration software with 2 SCU22 Dual Serial port card.

I have 4 load cell controllers that give there output in serial RS232 output.

I need to take the data in from these controllers and use them in my program.

What I am struggling to figure out is How i will condition the signal in from them to a easy to use integer/real data bit.

I get the whole baud rate parity etc etc

Not a complete noob to PLC's but haven't came across this as of yet. Any application like this I have done usually had an analogue output from the controller and I would just use that.

So if you could answer these quick questions,

what type of data will I receive when I have the comm's successfully set up?

How do I extract the needed data?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Hi,

I do not have the model number on me currently or the manual,

I did review it ( the manual) earlier and its very old as is the devices and not very well written/explained.

I am thinking all serial data in this configuration would be the same, I.e come into the plc serial port as a string of some sort... just haven't seen it before would like to know what to look out for etc

Hoping to chat to some one who has done a similar application