Series 6 logicmaster

Cyrqenergy

This is an old plant with series 6 systems, running via Logicmaster 6 parallel software. Our workmaster went down and we need parallel software.

Do you have a computer to move the parallel interface card from the Workmaster to? I have both parallel and serial. You need a CCM module in the rack to be able to use the serial version. Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you Logicmaster.
When are you planning to retire that dinosaur?

Last edited:
Ugh! Do anything to avoid using the Serial version!

@Steve: Do you have the most recent version (yeah, decades ago) that you can create a "Saturn.def" macro file that will be loaded when LM6 gets started up? Great for automatically bringing up the PLC program when you start LM6. I think that it's 4.6 or something...

GM still has a few Series Sixes, and it's getting almost as hard to find guys who can program them anymore as it is to find parts for them.

But I'm not surprised that this old "dinosaur" is still working. :)

So I dug out a newer (newer being relative) copy of LM6 v4.10, and I'll be darned if it doesn't run in DosEMU (in linux).

The first picture shows it working, the second shows what anyone who has used LM6 without loading ansi.sys first has seen before. ;>

Supervisor Screen.png No Ansi.sys.png

I still have a WorkmasterII with a parallel card (WSI). When someone posts a request on the forum for a printout of their Logicmaster file I run LM6 using DOSBox on an XP machine.

Dosbox didn't work for me, I was getting the dreaded "Software Initialization Failure Number 2". How do you have yours set up?

DOSEMU is for Linux only, but that's about all I use at home anyways. That and various versions of Workbench, Spectrum ZX, C64, etc... :)

Hardware-wise, it's running on an i5. But it works just fine.

And all I have found as of yet is LM6PC, not the WM version (I would have to sort through my old IDE drives for that).

I also have my .NAM and .EXP converter *somewhere* as well (QB45 version).

I uploaded a test program just for grins.

Dosbox didn't work for me, I was getting the dreaded "Software Initialization Failure Number 2". How do you have yours set up?
I mount the root drive (C:) as drive C in DOSBox which it recommends against doing. Logicmaster Six prefers to run out of a directory named "LM6". When I was trying to make sure that the version of LM6 I was getting ready to send to Cyrqenergy was parallel, I got that failure message unless I launched LM6 the way it wants.
Edit: Didn't really intend for the colon, right parenthesis to be interpreted as a smiley.

Last edited:
Ugh! Do anything to avoid using the Serial version!

@Steve: Do you have the most recent version (yeah, decades ago) that you can create a "Saturn.def" macro file that will be loaded when LM6 gets started up? Great for automatically bringing up the PLC program when you start LM6. I think that it's 4.6 or something...

GM still has a few Series Sixes, and it's getting almost as hard to find guys who can program them anymore as it is to find parts for them.

But I'm not surprised that this old "dinosaur" is still working. :)
Wait a minute... GM... Series Six... in Tennessee... rummages through some dusty memories... are you referring to the former Saturn auto plant? If so, by any chance are any of these still controlling the five Carrier Air Conditioning centrifugal water chillers? That was my first HMI project, using the original PanelMate 1000.

Mike

Wait a minute... GM... Series Six... in Tennessee... rummages through some dusty memories... are you referring to the former Saturn auto plant? If so, by any chance are any of these still controlling the five Carrier Air Conditioning centrifugal water chillers? That was my first HMI project, using the original PanelMate 1000.

Mike

Yup. And the last place to have them is in CUC, so it's very likely. :) The original HMIs were mostly Nematron OITs, the PanelMates didn't arrive in GA until nearly 2000. I've got no idea as to when the PMs were adopted in CUC.

I mount the root drive (C:) as drive C in DOSBox which it recommends against doing. Logicmaster Six prefers to run out of a directory named "LM6". When I was trying to make sure that the version of LM6 I was getting ready to send to Cyrqenergy was parallel, I got that failure message unless I launched LM6 the way it wants.
Edit: Didn't really intend for the colon, right parenthesis to be interpreted as a smiley.
Two emails you can use to send the program are [email protected] and [email protected]