Set a bit in FactoryTalk ME upon Navigation

Hi there,

I want to set a bit when I navigate to a display in FactoryTalk ME. Is there a way to do such a simple task?

I cannot do it on the Navigate button object.

Use Macro. Right click on screen and go to display property. There is open Macro, runs when screen is open.

1. Open up the display you want the action to happen with.
2. Right click in a blank space on the display select "Display Settings".
3. Click on the "Behavior" tab.
4. You can set a macro to go off on opening the page.

You can do a lot with Macros.

Have fun.

A Macro in my wouldnt work. I'll explain in more detail.

If I click on Valve 1 I want to open a screen called Valve with a parameter file Valve1. I also want to set Valve1.Selected
If I click on Valve 2 I want to open same screen called Valve with a parameter file Valve2. I also want to set Valve2.Selected.

A Macro on the display will set the same bit every time regardless of which instance is opened.

Hi,

You could use the 'Global Connections' option. You would need to make all screen numbers unique, but then at least you know in the PLC which screen has just been activated...

Hope this helps.

Rob

Here is another suggestion. Under >Objects >Advance >Macro.
Use a macro pushbutton. Have the macro select the screen, parameter file, & set the state of the tag.

It is another way to try.

Sorry about the previous post. I have been working with RSView32 and RSView SE too much. I keep forgeting the how the rules change with application.

I wanted to do a similar thing using FTView ME (5.1) and I couldn't.

As I understand, you can easily open the display that you want (as you mentioned with parameters), but you cannot perform any functionality when it opens - such a downer.

I think the only 'feedback' type button is a close button (you can write on exit). I use this on my system to get around too much clutter underneath other screens (it writes a 1 to the PLC which then closes all displays with a display number > 0).

In your system folder Create two tags One Named TRUE and set the intial value to 1. Tag two Named FALSE and set intial value to 0. Then in your parameter file you can use these tags to set a New tag {Valve1} or {Valve2}. In your program use Valve1 tag and a one shot to activate Valve1.Selected and do the same for Valve 2. Parameter File Valve1 #1=True #2=False Parameter File Valve2 #1=False #2=True. Making the True False tags come in Handy when using Parameter Files. On second thought this won't work because you can't use Tagholders in Macro's. I'll have to try this tomorrow. Good Luck.

Last edited: